David and I have been here for just 6 days, and it has been a wonderful week. We have been blown away with how God has provided for us through the love of friends and family. Things we are currently praising God for:
- Only 19% of my funds are left to be raised! THANK YOU to everyone who has pledged to support me! We also have several friends and family who are in the process of donating, so really, we are even closer than 19% to our goal. Praise God!
- Both our bags arrived with us in Durban. We had some pretty close connections, but both our bags arrived with us, in tact, and on time.
- Our flat where we are staying is well-stocked and the fireplace has been keeping us warm (remember, it is the end of winter here).
- David and I have not had to cook once this week, thanks to friends and family inviting us over for meals, or bringing us food.
- We have already had 2 braais (a South African cook out–see the picture above).
- It is avocado season….which means I have 6 avocados at home waiting to be eaten from our landlord’s trees. YUM! 🙂
- My first week at work was so great it needs it’s own blog post.
Please keep joining us in prayer for the following:
- David has begun the job search for a Maths teaching post. This next week he will be driving around and handing his CV (resume) in person to all the principals in this area. Please pray that God will open doors for him.
- Justina, the first short-term iThemba partner arrives on Tuesday. Pray that I will do a good job orientating her, and she will connect and get to plug in to iThemba projects quickly.
- That my remaining funds will come in.
- Driving…driving here is not like in the US. Roads are twisty, there are people, cows and mist, it’s on the left-hand side of the road, and there is no power steering. We also don’t know where things are yet, so whenever we drive it is pretty stressful. Pray that we will quickly learn where things are, and that we will adapt to this new style of driving.